Re: [OM] (OM) OT Canyon annoonced by Canyon

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Canyon annoonced by Canyon
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:38:41 -0500
There was a significant jump. In the price! B&H has it listed for preorder
and they have it at $3499 for the body only and $4299 (!!!) for the kit
with the 24-105L-IS lens. Damn! I bought my 5DmkII in January from B&H for
$2799, including the 24-105L-IS lens! I don't see any of the features of
this new version being worth $1500 more. I'm very happy with my MarkII.
Canon seems to be jacking prices up really steeply lately (like the $1000
price hike on the 28-70L). Nikon only wants $3000 for the D800.

I was kind of disappointed that I bought the 5DmkII only to have a new
version come out so soon, but after seeing the price and features, I'm
glad I got what I did when I did.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography