[OM] (OM) A little diversion - on topic for a change

Subject: [OM] (OM) A little diversion - on topic for a change
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 13:55:23 +1300
Hi all

A new image at
http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/2012/March-2012.htm

Shows the setup on location; camera on tripod for demo purposes is the E-1
Lighting is rather harsh as there is no cloud today.
I used the macro tube with its own mounting collar.

And to take up Moose's points about f/22 and "Diffraction, distraction, DOF",
I think that the average viewer would notice shallow depth of field more than
loss of resolution through diffraction.

While I was and am attracted to the 135/4 because of its sharp optics and
versatility, I am convinced that preoccupation with sharpness is more of a
photographer thing, than one obsessed about by art people and consumers
who in many cases don't even notice it.

Brian Swale.