Re: [OM] The 1983 America's Cup yacht race and the camera market today

Subject: Re: [OM] The 1983 America's Cup yacht race and the camera market today
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 06:10:37 +0000
I'm not sure that you are right with either business or sailing competition,
Ken.  Yes you have to mark your competitors in each, but sometimes you have to
take a risk and go the other way.

I'm not saying that you are necessarily wrong about Canon, but you're not
necessarily right either :-)

I've decided against buying the Panny GX1, having handled the camera in a shop
in Cambridge.  I still don't like EVFs, having used both the Oly and the Panny
versions and a system camera needs a eye-level finder.  So I might buy the G1X
as my portable-but-larger-sensor camera . . .

. . . if I do buy one at all.

Chris