Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 9: Cardiff with my daughter

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 9: Cardiff with my daughter
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 19:37:31 -0400
I yield. I will accept an hour in the rear seat of your personal Tornado for
the honour ! Will I need a G suit and breathing equipment ? I did not know
that the RAF exited such high calibre grammarians !

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-subjunctive.htm

jh

ps: I still think that "I was not ......" is acceptable subject to the fact
that there is alternative phraseology. Perhaps the Oxbridge don is scanning
the airwaves for cogent input from potential student applicants in which
event you could receive favourable consideration :-)