Re: [OM] IMG: Young People at a Festival - for John Hudson

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Young People at a Festival - for John Hudson
From: Gerry Walden <gwpics@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:00:54 +0000
John

Thanks for looking at my photos.

In answer to your comments about Stonehenge, you are right in that up until
probably the early eighties you could get right up to the stones. Indeed I
remember visiting there with a student we had staying, and he clambered all
over the stones. Because of damage to the stones and graffiti the stones were
enclosed within a chain link fence but access can still be gained into the site
through the visitors centre there, and you can get pretty close with only a
wire about shin height reminding you not to go closer. That wire is barely
visible. The druids still hold vigils at the stones on midsummer and midwinter
solecists. They are 'new age' druids as these ceremonies are relatively new.

A couple of asides to the above - firstly that student went on to become deputy
head of the Environment Ministry in Austria,and secondly there was a plan to
bury the passing major road in a tunnel because of damage from air pollution to
the stones but it has been decided it would be too expensive.

Back to my image, I have no idea about the young man, but the girls were
certainly pretty happy with life. They were part of the band who were next on
stage at the event.

Best regards

Gerry

Gerry Walden