Re: [OM] Sky falling in on Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Sky falling in on Kodachrome
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:20:43 -0600
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012, at 09:01 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Joel. Easy answer. Westbound on J10 between DSM and IOW.
>
> The contrail was sporadic due to variances in moisture at that altitude.

That was the first thing I thought of, of course.  It looks to me unlike
any contrail or vestige of one that I have seen.  It would be the
contrail of a plane falling from the sky to earth.  Contrails at least
follow the same path as the machine that makes them.

I watch planes fly into my photos all the time.  There are some in this
exact series of photos.  On the days they set up looking like barred
clouds,  they go in all different directions.  Other times, planes fly
into the frame and out, leaving no traces.

It could be a contrail but it's a pretty good trick getting it to ball
up like that, and with that kind of definition, and to be broken up
without being otherwise whisped out and diffused.

Joel W.