Re: [OM] Heads up lightroom 4 is released and bargain priced.

Subject: Re: [OM] Heads up lightroom 4 is released and bargain priced.
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:46:02 +0100
Chris,

do you have photoshop?, if you have try the experiment of exporting from
aperture to photoshop and then without any changes print an image,
compare that with the Aperture direct print, I got OK prints from
Aperture but the ones via photoshop were clearly better AND easier to
get consistent results.  I still prefer Aperture for some tasks and with
the new multiple library function I can start using LR4 from this year
or just export whatever photos I want to print to it. On the other hand
I may just export all the edited jpegs from aperture and import to LR4,
I have all the original RAW files on disk outside any application
library (about 1.2 TB now) should I ever need to go back and of course I
still have the aperture and its libraries

IanW