[OM] DLO--interesting?

Subject: [OM] DLO--interesting?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:56:07 -0500 (EST)
I bet some noticed this Canyon announcement with the OM5DIII:

"The EOS 5D Mark III comes complete with the most advanced version of
Digital Photo Professional (DPP) yet – Canon's free, in-box software
enabling high-speed, high quality processing of RAW images. New in DPP
v3.11 is Digital Lens Optimizer – a revolutionary new tool designed to
drastically improve image resolution.
Digital Lens Optimizer (DLO) precisely imitates lens performance, with
a series of complex mathematical functions replicating each stage of
the journey of light through the optical path. Using this information
DLO can correct a range of typical optical aberrations and loss of
resolution caused by a camera's low pass filter, by applying an inverse
function to each shot to take the image nearer to how the scene appears
to the naked eye. This creates exceptionally detailed, high-quality
images with highly manageable file sizes, providing photographers with
maximum image quality and greater flexibility."

  Appears to be mathematically modeled unlike the DXO measured
aberration/deconvolution method.  I would think other bodies would be
supported.
Current version of DPP doesn't have this (last I checked) but if past
patterns hold the new version of DPP will be available as the new body
ships.   Might be worth comparing ACR to DPP and DXO again at end of
month??  Not a peep out of DXO with this  on their forum---they support
many 3rd party lenses and many other cams as well though.

Intrigued, Mike