[OM] Color saturation (was "Re: IMG: Who Needs a Windsock?")

Subject: [OM] Color saturation (was "Re: IMG: Who Needs a Windsock?")
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:18:04 -0600
I'm guessing monitor.  But then it could be my monitor, though it
profiles well, it pretty new, and seems close to other reference points
in most respects.

That's the problem with the web.  We have no account of what other
people actually see.  Furthermore, I am slightly disturbed by variances
in programs and their rendering of color saturation.  For example, I am
now using Sagelight fairly consistently because I like some of its tools
very much.  However, its rendering of the image color is slightly
different from PS once I pull the image into PS for some final
processes.  But how much of that is illusion?  Sagelight does everything
it can to maximize the image on the screen, and its background is black.
 PS uses top and bottom real estate so that the image is smaller, and
the background is gray.  Nevertheless, even when I minimize the effect
of these variances there seems to be a slight saturation loss in PS
compared to what I might have had looking about the way I wanted in
Sagelight.

Then sometimes I'll come back to something I had been working on
previously and wonder "Who killed a rabbit on my photo?"

Maybe it *is* brains.

Joel W.

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html