Re: [OM] IMG: An Occasional Flower on Friday - Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: An Occasional Flower on Friday - Jim N.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 01:38:57 +1300
Chris Trask wrote>

> > Our Cleveland Pear buds are just beginning to open.  This
> > is what I saw today:
> >
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cleveland+Pear_001.jpg.html
> >
> > Oly E-1 with Leica Elmarit-R 60mm Macro
> >
> > Comments and critiques welcomed.
> >

>      The subdued and even light (taken in shadow?) lets all of the fine
>      details of
> the stamens and pestals be seen without being overwhelmed by the otherwise
> brilliant white of the petals, plus you can easily see the texture of the
> petals.  Very nice.
>
> Chris

And I'm thinking ... Hmm, I know about the lighting. But it's more than that.
How much is due to the different camera ( I have one of those), how much
is due to the lens ( don't have one of those), and how much is due to post-
processing? ( I probably don't have the program or expertise, and Moose's
tutorials lost me in the details).

I can see that Jim got most of the several flowers in the one plane parallel to
the  back of the camera, but even so, the DOF is exceptionally good.

Was focus-magic used? (I don't have that).

Interesting.

Brian Swale.