Re: [OM] La Torre del Vigía ( Maldonado ) [The Watchtower ( Maldonado )]

Subject: Re: [OM] La Torre del Vigía ( Maldonado ) [The Watchtower ( Maldonado )]
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 02:00:07 -0300
Telephone wires.
The Spanish watch had to made a phone call to the headquarters if he
discovered any ship entering the bay or beyond, past the island.
The Portuguese ships were the most frightful, dangerous. But the
British were, too.
During 1800 we were Spaniards, during 2011 we celebrated 2 hundred
years of independence ... but not exactly.

Bad joke, isn't it? :-)

The tower was under maintenance work, during 2007 when I took this photograph.
The cables bothered me badly at the moment, but I looked at them after
scanning the Superia 200 frame and thought they were interesting.
During this summer 2012, I visited the building again, and found some
progress in the maintenance works. Found not the cables, and changes
in the painting: no more plain white.
The 'Marco de los Reyes'
<http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=1&pic=93> looks much
better now than in the TOPE entry, you can see it far behind the
Tower, a little to the right.
I was more careful when shooting at it using the 21mm too, on the OM
4Ti loaded with Velvia 100, instead of the OM 1n. Mounted the body to
my Manfrotto. Tried another perspectives, too.

Glad you liked it, Chuck. Google for images of the Torre del Vigía.
Mine is well done ...

;-)

Fernando.