[OM] I expect this kind of nonsense when shooting digital

Subject: [OM] I expect this kind of nonsense when shooting digital
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:44:05 -0500
So, a few days ago I was shooting with the OM-4T and had a moment of puzzlement.

I looked through the viewfinder and was trying to get a spot reading.
I tapped the shutter-release to wake up the display.

Nothing. No lovely OM-4T display.

Hmmm....

Lowered the camera, checked the battery and even did the reset. Just
pointing the camera downward I looked again and the display was just
find. I tried the backlight and the display worked fine.

Raised the camera, display was gone.

Hmmm...

Lowered, it was back. A real head-scratcher if there ever was.

As my opportunity to get the shot was rapidly passing, I just threw
the camera in auto exposure mode, dialed in an estimated aperture for
the scene and took the shot. I wanted a second shot from a different
angle. Suddenly the display comes back.

Hmmm...

It was then that I realized that I was holding the camera differently
and my left hand was over the top of the lens and not underneath. I
had the backlight window covered by my finger.

ID10T error.

AG