Re: [OM] OM-D higher ISO samples

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D higher ISO samples
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:58:28 -0500
> It's all your fault in that it's all in your head.  Now that you have
> perceived that Canon has fallen off their horse you don't have to make a
> buying decision.  Your are still free to pontificate here long into the
> future.  :-)

Gosh. Am I that transparent?

No, they haven't fallen off their horse. Yet, the saddle is starting
to turn turtle a bit so anything is possible. The 5Dmk3 does one thing
that Canon REALLY needed to do. And that's upgrade the UI a bit and
fix some controls. I think the 7D is simply a fantastic camera in
nearly every way and the new 5D is essentially just a larger-sensored
version of the 7D.

Nikon's D800 has most certainly trumped Canon's 5DMk3 in pixel counts.
For the landscape photographers out there, this will be a requirement
if you plan on showing up at a scenic lookout in 2012. No
self-respecting landscape photographer will be seen with a Canon.

However, on the other hand, the 5DMk2 did something that no other
cameras in the digital era have done and that's become the ONE camera
that does everything needed. From event to landscape to video to
portrait to product to (some) sports, the 5Dmk2 has been the one goto
camera. If you bought just one serious camera, the 5Dmk2 really did do
it all. I expect the 5DMk3 to be even better in this regard.

I do trust they'll fix the skintones a bit as was done in the 7D.

If it wasn't for the severely cropped sensor of Four-Thirds, the new
OM-D is extremely tempting.

AG