Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:13:54 -0300
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I believe you should.
Agree, thank you

> Cannot explain the shift to cyan
> though.  Never experienced that.

Well, I have the screenshots of CS3, with histograms in color of a
grey and clouded landscape.
The same slide scanned with NikonScan and VueScan.
Did so when C.H. Ling insisted in the color accuracy of NikonScan, so
I troubleshooted making an A / B comparison.
NikonScan won hands down. C.H. was right, as he regularly is.
I was about to show them at the List, but something happened which I
don't remember, and failed to post them.
I can still do so, by popular demand <g>

But no, I cannot explain the shift, though it was due to lack of
calibration. NikonScan 4.0.2 has its own self-calibration button and
files.

> Output tab -> Description

Great, found it.

> Joel W.
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - The professional email service
Hey, I'm about to start using fastmail too ... after the google
affair. Do you have the same reason?
I found fastmail _a lot_ better than .gmail regarding email features,
but I'm always short of time:
"There was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it
so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, 'Oh
dear! Oh dear!  I shall be too late'."

Fernando.