Re: [OM] (OM) OT Adobe lightroom trial

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Adobe lightroom trial
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:47:36 -0700
On 3/14/2012 1:20 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> This is what a facebook friend ( by no means a computer novice) had to say
> today ...
> My new Adobe Lightroom trial led to computer disaster. Now wasting a lot
> of hours resinstalling the system drive. Problem: the extra cache almost
> filled the drive, then a major Windows auto update finished it off.
> Despite removing files, computer hung when updating windows files on
> shutdown. The auto scan on upload wrote off the system files. Final
> aggravation: both restore and 'Image' backup failed.

This part had nothing whatsoever to do with Adobe. He could have installed any
other new app that required lots of disk
space to install and operate. And it was a Windows update that put it over the
top, not LR4.

How and why did restore and image BUs fail? That again has nothing to do with
LR4. It's to do with back-up tools and/or
user error. I and millions of others have installed Beta, trial and upgrade
version of LR4 with no problems.

> ..and for all that I found Lightroom4 will not convert curves from previous
> catalogue. Damn you Abobe!!!

I have no idea what this is, but there is a better than even chance he's wrong.
He's mad, not thinking straight, and
ready to blow off at anything.

> (and Windows)

Fair enough.