Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:45:11 -0500
>>> but in reality I dislike most of my own shots too.
> You might want to do something about that. Sometimes the problem is in the
> one passing judgement, not the thing being  judged.*

We've had this discussion before. It is true that I'm hyper critical
of my own work and can turn on it like spiders eating their mates.
This personality disorder is part ADHD, part OCD (the only aspect of
it in my life, judging from my desk), part childhood upbringing and
mostly just an underlying self-loathing problem that I've battled my
whole life. Nothing major, life is good and all that jazz, but once in
a while it does influence a few things like my own photography.

OK, mostly my own photography. I get really, REALLY bored with my own
photography. In fact, I've got two artsy photographs here at the
office I'm about to send off to exile because I'm pretty sick and
tired of them. Nothing wrong with them, in fact, they really are good
shots. But I'll shuffle them off and hang something else up that I'll
be sure to despise too.

Again, not because they are bad shots--hardly!  But it's that aspect
of I know they aren't perfect, I see the flaws. Those flaws aren't
just flaws of the pictures, they are flaws of the photographer who
took the picutures.

To put this in perspective, though, the one picture I'm thinking of
exiling has been at my desk for about five years now. The other over a
year. That's a pretty good run for me. Either they are better than
normal or I'm mellowing out.

AG