Re: [OM] Crocus Varmint

Subject: Re: [OM] Crocus Varmint
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:02:38 -0700

> > Magical day today.  There will be the devil to pay for such an early
> > start to spring, I'm sure.  Crocuses are the best they've been for many
> > years.  I suppose the deer have something else to eat for now.
>
> Very nice.  I'm sure my crocuses will have been eaten by the deer or the
> bunnies... oops... wascally wabbits before I get home.  My wife refuses
> to call rabbits "bunnies" since things that eat her flowers are not
> lovable little creatures. :-)

    Funny you should say it like that.  I was skimming through a book on
garden design that I just bought, "Consider the Leaf: Foliage in Garden
Design" by Judy Glattstein.  Amongst the photos I came across one that
consists of a Whitetail doe staring at the camera (plate 37).  The caption
reads:

    "Bambi's mother looks in through my kitchen window.
    Perhaps she'd like a cup of coffee to round out the
    meal she's just eaten in the garden."

Chris
Deerless in Phoenix