[OM] Flower show portrait 2012

Subject: [OM] Flower show portrait 2012
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:18:55 -0400 (EDT)
>Here again is the once a year portrait event, no more 5D II and OM
180/2.8
>this year. I used E-PL1 and OM 100/2 instead, the EVF did much better
>than expected, focusing speed and hit rate was similar to 5D II but
the
>screen return rate is too slow:

>http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/E-1_1/TVB2012/TVB2012.html

>OM 100/2 fans will sure happy about the results :-)

>C.H.Ling

Beautiful CH, thanks again for posting.  Really make those Zuikos sing
with images of flowers of all sorts. I think 279 is my fave too.
IIRC, CH may have used fill flash for previous sessions.

 With distant background, thought the 100/2 was the
portrait  bokeh champ.  The bokeh in many seems just fine, but less so
in others.  So with same FOV adjusted for format
at equivalent dof apertures does the degree of blur vary by changing
the  format (sensor/film size).  The answer is  NO--see Nasse
pg 29.  (FOV--FF 180mm vs 100mmX2=200mm equivalent---likely close
enough)  Wonder what apertures CH used this year and last year.

http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b8b6f/embedtitelintern/cln_35_bokeh_en/$file/cln35_bokeh_en.pdf

This assumes the subject to background distances are the same as last
year and he was able to use an equivalent dof aperture on MFT---can be
tough to have fast enough glass.  However, the QUALITY of the blur is
also a function of residual aberrations.  So, is there an interaction
with the
format?  I think the empiric evidence argues that the answer is yes.

Bokeh bonkers, Mike