Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2012

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2012
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:16:53 -0500
> So, is there an interaction with the
> format?  I think the empiric evidence argues that the answer is yes.

I haven't been able to wrap my brain around the reasons why, but I
believe the answer is yes, too. For some odd reason, the 100mm lenses
don't seem to do as well on the crop-sensor cameras as they do on
full-frame film. The 35-80 is glorious on both, but the 100/2.8, 100/2
and 50/1.4 just don't seem to get along with my Four-Thirds cameras as
well. They each have moments of brilliance, but just as quickly, they
can turn on you and take a chunk out of your backside.

Other lenses do better, though. The 200/4 and 300/4.5 seem made for
Four-Thirds even though they are no slouches on film.

AG