Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2012

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2012
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:16:49 -0300
Beautiful work, C.H.

Since other experts have commented before <g>, now's my time to tell
my humble thoughts.
As a portrait work one that stands out is P3156291 because of the
white background and jewelry detail, but agree with those who
preferred P3156279.

In fact I feel quite as Wayne writes: "I have a hard time with
"preference". They all look the age of my step daughter - 16, so it
tends to evoke a feelings of (over) protectionism in me.
[snip] 291 is regal, and yeah, 279+ looks very innocent with a great smile."

But, unlike Wayne, P3156428 does not draw me in, because of the look
of her left eye.
That sort of gaze is present in P3156330 too, a portrait on the same
model pictured in P3156279 (hope not to be wrong).
Hard to avoid this squint illusion while doing portraits, I guess.
Maybe a reason why I avoid this challenging work :-)

Joel mentioned P3156214, which I much prefer over P3156260 ...
P3156214 is one of the portraits I like most, because of a little oof
foreground _and_ oof background, in a sort of symmetry.
Yes, you got a little squint too but it's so little that goes unnoticed.

Last, I'm with Ken on P3156418: spontaneous face gesture, better than
in P3156413, of a beautiful model with no squint illusion and perfect
teeth in her haunting smile.

Regarding the 100/2 ... why did I not buy the one John H. had for sale
about a year or two ago?
I'm kicking myself ...

Fernando.