[OM] More live music

Subject: [OM] More live music
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:25:57 +0000
CD launch gig by local band, jazz but not quite as we know it ;)
Unusually, there was a balcony, so I went up there to try a different
perspective (the venue double as a cinema).  One side arm of the
balcony had no seats and was otherwise deserted, so that was my
territory for the duration.  This also gave me an opportunity to try
out an unusual lens choice, my old 85 f/2, which looks tiny on an E-3
body but the brightness and extra reach were useful.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103946165422859151776/OCDCLaunch#

The high viewpoint solves one of the main problems of photographing
drummers - too many stands & cymbals in the way normally.  doesn't
help with the lighting though.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer