[OM] Hot Tomatoes

Subject: [OM] Hot Tomatoes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:10:50 -0700
Life today has is drawbacks, I suppose. But living in a time and place where I
can buy excellent asparagus cheap in
December and nice heirloom tomatoes year 'round is pretty nice. :-)

Pastrami sandwiches with rich, ripe deeply flavorful tomato this week have been
pretty transcendent experiences*.

As I just noted, I find what happens to vegetable matter as it passes its prime
interesting. I didn't quite manage to
use the last of this tomato before it went too far.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Miscellaneous&image=_MG_5755croofm.jpg>

But not to worry! There was another waiting in the wings.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Miscellaneous&image=_MG_5756croofm.jpg>

Yes, I know, it's already starting the process. But when they are just moving
past firm ripe that the taste blossoms.
Just gotta move fast.

I just installed simple LED lighting under the spice rack along my prep area.**
So I got an opportunity to use my new
WhiBal card. The LEDs turn out to be pretty close to sunlight WB. Nice for
working with food.

Vine Ripe Moose

* Documentation of the production process here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseEats/>

** $30 at Costco, with remote switch I mounted by the main light switch - nice!