Re: [OM] OM] Flower show portrait 2012

Subject: Re: [OM] OM] Flower show portrait 2012
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 04:56:01 +1300
C.H.Ling wrote

> Here again is the once a year portrait event, no more 5D II and OM 180/2.8
> this year. I used E-PL1 and OM 100/2 instead, the EVF did much better than
> expected, focusing speed and hit rate was similar to 5D II but the screen
> return rate is too slow:
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/E-1_1/TVB2012/TVB2012.html
>
> OM 100/2 fans will sure happy about the results :-)

Sorry I'm late; catch-up mode prevails.

This is a great set of images, C.H.. I like them all, and am not going to
comment on the physical attributes of the girls; they are all doing their best
and each is lovely.

What a great day; even bright overcast light with no shadows to make it
difficult. The skin tones  (and all colours, it seems)  are great. I don't
agree
with Ken that fill flash to put a spark in each eye, would be better. Such fill
flash would have altered the ambience of all shots. Their eyes are fine.

The fabrics used by the models in their clothes are wonderful; clear bright
colours and great texture, and the camera/lens combination did a great job
to show these in the images.

I presume you had to focus manually, so you yourself did a great job with
that. They are all tack sharp.

Also, since this is a non-zoom lens and it is therefore not possible to re-size
images using the zoom (which I do all the time), you did a great job in
finding the best places to stand to capture the best composition !

Brian Swale.