Re: [OM] 90/2 vs. 80/4 (was "IMG: An Occasional Flower on Friday - Jim

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2 vs. 80/4 (was "IMG: An Occasional Flower on Friday - Jim
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:36:59 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

> On 3/13/2012 5:42 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
>> Thanks, Chuck. With the lens wide open at F4 and higher ISOs the shots
>> were
>> able to be made at high shutter speeds so hand held was possible and it
>> worked much faster than using a tripod.
>
> Those are very nice indeed, CH. I've not used the 80/4 for anything but
> copy work near 1:1. It seems I've been missing
> something.

Thanks for the comments, Moose. I seldom do copy work, the 80/4 was sit on
the shelf most of the time as it is not easy to find suitable objects due to
the high magnification. In the old days (film age) when we had a group of
friends frequently came together for insect shots the 80/4 did got some
serious use but since the digital age we seldom came together.

That was the first time I use the 80/4 for flowers. I once had a OM 38/2.8,
just used it once but was not happy about the result, not due to the
performance of the lens, just too difficult to find suitable objects.

C.H.Ling