Re: [OM] Kodachrome and Vuescan improvement (was "Re: Scanability of C41

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome and Vuescan improvement (was "Re: Scanability of C41 b&w film")
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:38:14 -0400
Some interesting commentary on Kodachrome IR cleaning
First a Wiki article just about Kodachrome.  See the Digital Scanning
and Resoution section: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodachrome>
Next an article specifically about IR cleaning which mentions (much to
my surprise) that IBM invented and sold the rights to Kodak which
eventually found their way into Nikon and Canon scanners.  However it's
stated that VueScan and SilverFast have their own algorithm's different
from the IBM originals.  No mention of Epson.

Chuck Norcutt