[OM] DLO is out --worth changing workflow for supported lenses?

Subject: [OM] DLO is out --worth changing workflow for supported lenses?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:55:31 -0400 (EDT)
I'm not very trusted but will give it a try in a few days when we get
back
from a home to Cades Cove to Cataloochee to home loop. It's going to be
real hard though to give up a Lightroom workflow.

Cya,
Johnny

Au contraire.   Await your opinion.

Doing alittle digging, it appears that like DXO there is a slider to
manually input focusing distance in bodies that
don't support writing it to exif.  Oddly the 30D did write this but not
40d or 5Dclassic.  Surmise as DPP didn't use it  (at that point) they
were
going to take it away from everyone.

What about diffraction loss  correction?  Quick look shows unlikely
that deconvolution will be a  super great benefit.  Convoluting with an
airy disk
puts a "circular window" on the frquencies transmitted and essentially
chops them off, unlike a Gaussian blur which is much kinder to high
frequency information that thus  allowing   the information to be
recovered.

  I am very curious how this holds up with no pre deconvolution noise
reduction like DXO.  Deconvolution can fall apart rapidly and get ugly
with high noise floor.

 I think we better be sure Dr. Diffraction remains a loyal list member.

Keeping the Convoluted in Deconvolution, Mike