Re: [OM] Raccoon River Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Raccoon River Fireworks
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:08:04 -0500
> Now that I'd hang on my wall!!!

Thanks, guys, for the compliments. I'm not sure how doable this print
would be as an enlargement. There is a ton of bit-bending going on and
the clouds moved between flashes which contributed to some lack of
sharpness. Probably the largest I'd go with it is 5x7 on 8x10. Maybe
8x10 image size if the print surface is textured. I'll have to check
the other two slides to see if they are a bit better. I just grabbed
one of the three, assuming that they all passed my initial cull, and
threw it in the scanner.

The reason for the name of the image is that this was taken down at
Raccoon River Park in West Des Moines, Iowa on a 4th of July evening
several years ago. This was just a couple minutes before the fireworks
started. This storm cloud is to the east and almost about to wallop
Iowa City.

AG