Re: [OM] Raccoon River Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Raccoon River Fireworks
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:50:58 -0500
> Hmmm, motion blurring.  Perhaps a hanging curve ball for deconvolution
> if enough detail is present.

I'll check the other two slides first to make sure I'm getting the
best one to work with. You do bring up a great idea, though. This
should be about a perfect application for deconvolution as the
movement isn't smeared by constant lighting, but is a series of
movements from the lightning flashes.

Two other things I need to address. I've got the lens abberations to
to take care of and the grain needs more careful adjustment. However,
with these adjustments, the picture should stand some good
enlargement. I'm sure Bob can relate to this, but it will probably
need a good 10 hours of work if I get down to fixing every pixel. I
know there are some dodging and burning things I'd like to do to it.

> If it works, do list members receive a discount for signed large
> prints, Mike

If it works, the answer is an absolute yes. I have a "friends and
family" pricing which should be attractive.

I'm wondering what this would look like on metallic...

What always gets me is just how much of a magenta shift provia has and
what it does to the late evening colors. I've never encountered
anything else like it and "in the day" when Provia was king, I really
don't recall people talking about it other than in a negative manner.
It wasn't until after I moved to digital that I realized what it was
doing. Now I try to exploit it.

AG