Re: [OM] Big Chomp No Chew

Subject: Re: [OM] Big Chomp No Chew
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:50:54 -0700
On 3/26/2012 7:14 PM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Consider me teased. Good one to post while Moose is away as his Highlight
> Sensitivity Meter might blow a gasket, but I
> like it as is with its feeling of magic hour light.

The Moose hears all, The Moose sees all. :-)

I did notice some blown and some under differentiated highlights. OTH, I
recognized the purpose of the image as part of
a series focused on another aspect of images and it seemed to me to be a pretty
good subject for the purpose.

I have on occasion been frustrated when posting image(s) designed to illustrate
one thing, only to have them critiqued
on other aspects as though presented as finished art images. Choosing/finding
images that are both good enough to stand
on their own AND that clearly illustrate some obscure point of imaging, is far
more difficult than finding those that
simply illustrate the point at hand.

So I try to stay on point with illustrative images posted by others. So ... I
wouldn't have commented on highlights in
this one.

Further, in Ken's case, he is juggling work, family and many other time
commitments with trying to keep Zone-10 going.
So he sometimes tosses up an image from whatever project he is working on, adds
some slightly stilted and/or bombastic
words about how great some OM thingie or other is, and moves on. Simply
downsampling will too often blow some highlights
and fussing to alter the original so that doesn't happen takes time and energy.
  Recognizing this post for what it is,
I looked, absorbed what was there for me and, lacking anything on point to
contribute, moved on.

Sometimes I do have an opinion that I would like to share. So with the blue
grain bin, I did comment on how I prefer it
in B&W.

Moose d'Critique