Re: [OM] OT: Change of car

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Change of car
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:05:41 -0500
> Still very popular in Texas although not always with a scope.

The company I work for is headquartered in a southern state. A bunch
of my coworkers down there keep themselves occupied after work with 50
cals. Kinda funny, really. Here you have a bunch of techno-geeks, the
pointy-heads, driving pickup trucks (big honkin 4WD trucks with enough
ground clearance to clear most compact cars) and a boxed and locked 50
cal inside. Of the 12 guys in my group, I'm the ONLY one without a
C&C. Company policy is a little vague in this department. I think it
would be safer to assume these nerds know their 2nd Ammendment rights.

Yes, gunracks are legal there and well utilized. No self-respecting
redneck (geek or not) is going to be seen without at least one gun in
the rack. Of course, this does vary a bit from state to state, but
suffice to say that in this one particular state, it's more than fine.
 In fact, I was just remembering that one of our project managers is
this petite little thing--weighing all of maybe 100 pounds. Single mom
of one teenage daughter. Drives a truck with a properly equipped
gunrack. Not sure if that's for the benefit of any potential
boyfriends of said daughter.

Back to the dreaded cars, though. My Jeep Grand Cherokee will have to
suffice for quite a while. We're trying to get all of our debts
pounded out and that's now paid off. When the wheels no longer turn, I
really want to get a hybrid SUV. I REALLY want a diesel SUV, but those
aren't available here because "nobody buys them". Nobody buys them
because they ain't available here! MORONS and IDIOTS. Excuse me for
venting, but frankly, GM and Chrysler don't deserve to live because of
stupid junk like that.

Back to regular programming now.

Chris, do take a photo of the new car with an Olympus camera.

AG