Re: [OM] Rangefinder - April 2012 - Page 28-29

Subject: Re: [OM] Rangefinder - April 2012 - Page 28-29
From: "Larry G. Griffin" <lggriffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 18:29:06 -0700
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Chuck I think you were right in blowing the 808 off. Shortly after the
   808 first showed on this list, Information Week reported this on the
   808. The 808 uses the Symbian Belle OS is probably the last gasp for
   the OS. It may still be interesting to see how well the 808 does do,
   but I wouldn't buy an orphan.
   [1]http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/232601489?
   queryText=nokia+808
   Larry
   Chuck Norcutt wrote:

This article from Rangefinder magazine discusses the Canon 5D Mk3 but
the reason I'm posting the link is because the first part of the article
discusses the Nokia 808 camera... er, smartphone.  I'd seen something
before describing it as having a 41MP sensor.  That caused me to blow it
off.  But it turns out it's much more complicated than that... it
doesn't make 41MP images.  See:

[2]<http://digitalmag.rangefinderonline.com/rangefinder/201204#pg28>

Chuck Norcutt