Re: [OM] Return of the Moose - Visual Conundrum 8

Subject: Re: [OM] Return of the Moose - Visual Conundrum 8
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:16:31 -0500
> I don't know about California animals, but here in Tennessee, squirrels
> crave aluminum.

The telephone industry used to have a continual battle with squirrels
that used to love chewing on the lead sheath of our cables.
Fortunately, we don't have much of that left, and most of it is
underground. But the critters would chew holes right through the lead
and then start mowing on the paper wrapped copper wires inside.

On a positive note, these cables were easy to patch. A small torch and
some solder is all that was required. Provided they didn't trash the
wires inside too badly.

These are one variety of "air-core" cables which use pressurized air
to keep moisture out. That works most of the time...

AG