Re: [OM] Missing in action . . . and OT Mac question

Subject: Re: [OM] Missing in action . . . and OT Mac question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 11:46:50 -0400
You will see a similar claim made about 32 bit Windows, that it only
supports 3GB.  However, the claim only pertains to the amount of user
addressable memory, not the system limitation.  The hardware and OS
actually support 4GB as would be expected of something capable of
supporting 3GB (which need 32 address lines just like 4GB).  The
difference between the total system memory and the user space is used by
the OS.  But in Windows there is a little known software switch that can
be set that allows up to 3.5GB user space as long as 4GB is installed
allowing the system to take 0.5GB for itself.

Chuck Norcutt