Re: [OM] Missing in action . . . and OT Mac question

Subject: Re: [OM] Missing in action . . . and OT Mac question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 21:03:35 -0700
On 4/7/2012 6:33 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Seems to be pretty nicely spec'd as is but can't you add another SATA
> III adapter card?

It has 6 SATA headers, but only 2 are 6GB, the others 3GB - which is, of course
already faster than what I have now.
Still, I spend a lot of time waiting on PS, and would like to make it fly. I
don't honestly know if an expansion card
can achieve full SATA III. I used to know something about bus speeds, but I
haven't kept up.

My assumption about this motherboard is that it only has 2 because of some
bottleneck or other elsewhere in the
components/design.

I really dislike the process of moving to a new computer. I don't just let some
software move everything over. There's
always such an accretion of apps and 'stuff' on the old one that I don't need,
don't use, don't remember I have, that I
like to start fresh with the basics, bringing across what I find I need/want
when that happens.

As far as I can tell, for anyone but a true registry wizard, the registry of
any well used computer is full of junk.
None of the cleaners really does a through job. I can't see passing that on.
Also, of course, going to 64 bit changes
things.

So some delay until the right thing appears isn't all bad. :-)

Fly Me to Moose