Re: [OM] Happy ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy ...
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:16:42 -0500
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> All it takes is three good weddings to have a
> decent
> year.

With a daughter at age 17, this terrifies me.  At least I don't have two
daughters.  Oops.

> > There is something wrong with the Rainbow Imaging adapter that I leave
> > attached to the 90/2.  When I mount that lens and adapter, the light
> > next to the jog dial blinks occasionally for nothing (like the camera is
> > writing to the CF card, which it isn't).
>
> Are you turning the camera off when mounting this lens/adapter? You
> really
> do need to make sure the camera is off.

The light blinks WITH the camera OFF.  Interesting, no?  There is no
documented function that I have found of this light indicating any sort
of mount error.  I'm going to quit using this adapter.  The focus chip
is more accurate than the N*kon counterpart, which I no longer use
because it's not reliable for accurate focusing.  So generally speaking,
everybody stay away from the Rainbow Imaging adapters.

> LR4 is a game-changer.

Still mucking along with LR2.  Rarely even bounce over to development
tab. I still think it would be a better use of funds to get the latest
version of CS5-extended with my education discount.  My original version
of CS (1.0) does everything I want it to do, but it is just terribly
confused by the memory options on my current PC.  It really would be
nice to have some SW that can take advantage of more than 3 GB of RAM.

It would be lovely had Olympus made a battery mount for the E4xx series.
 Defeats the intent of the model, but I would use one, whereas it is not
appealing to me for the larger bodies. This is one of the things I think
I might like about the OM-D series.

Joel W.