Re: [OM] Happy ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy ...
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:06:19 -0500
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012, at 02:31 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> > With a daughter at age 17, this terrifies me.  At least I don't have two
> > daughters.  Oops.
>
> Hey, I've got your back. I can offer a decent package price for you. My
> oldest is 15, so we should have a few years yet before that terrifying
> thought of marriage has to be dealt with. I'll even do it in film if you
> want.

Ever the huckster, hehe.

> > The light blinks WITH the camera OFF.  Interesting, no?
>
> Have you tried it with any other EOS body?

Nope.  I have four adapters for the body and 3 are fine (at least in
this respect).  My solution is not to use this adapter.  If I have the
opportunity I might try it on a different body.  The Rainbow Imaging
adapters were $14.  Get what you pay for, I suppose, but at $18 the
Big_IS adapters have good value.

> > My original version
> > of CS (1.0) does everything I want it to do, but it is just terribly
> > confused by the memory options on my current PC.  It really would be
> > nice to have some SW that can take advantage of more than 3 GB of RAM.
>
> I forgot how many gig of ram I've got in my desktop. I think it's 4. But
> it
> matters not. PWP screams on it and LR4 is plenty happy too. But for that
> matter, PWP screams on my ancient laptop too. On the flip side, Photoshop
> Elements will suck up every last ounce of memory. Adobe's memory usage is
> criminal.

I assume 64-bit versions are better.  My LR2 is 64-bit and works
passably well.  Images could load faster I suppose.

Joel W.