Re: [OM] The joy and the pain

Subject: Re: [OM] The joy and the pain
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:49:00 -0500
>  PS to AG: Get at least a little greedy... It's the American Way! [?]

LOL, I can greed with the best of them. But I also don't like the idea
of too much inventory left over. Being conservative on quantity and
pricing, we'll still clear a couple thousand. That'll cover our
efforts. We'll do one mega-print on canvas and stick a huge price tag
on it. If it sells, great, if not, we'll use it for the book
promotion.

Product pricing and inventory management is always one of those fun
affairs. Do you sell tons at a small margin or few at a large margin?
Where is the break-even point? What is the point where the higher
prices, but fewer sales make up for the unsold inventory?

We are figuring that most of the inventory will move in three days
with the remainder by Christmas. We want to be "in the green" by the
end of the three days. If the product moves well, we have no problem
with reordering to fulfill the demand for the rest of the year. Due to
other circumstances, we want no carryover into 2013 so we'll be a
little on the conservative side.

AG