[OM] Happy ...

Subject: [OM] Happy ...
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
I prefer to let the stacking software do the heavy lifting with precise
autoallign and merge.
combine ZP is free but only handles jpegs.  Be sure to process raw
files as a group and avoid sharpening or adding any contrast---fewer
artifacts.
Adjust the image after the stack.  (turn down combine ZP default
sharpening too) CombineZP pyramid method does not run in win 7 64 bit
even in XP compat mode.
Getting stackable images in  with any wind takes patience and don't
underestimate the utility of mag LV for precise focusing.  Last set
didn't stack well enough to use due to the wind but batted  about 2 for
3 in last outing.  I am thinking Zerene stacker will be used more soon
and is worth the admission price.

http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/focus-stacking-software-photoshop-helicon-combinezp-zerene.html

Stacked Mike

That seems a good DOF result to me, for that subject. True stacking is
a pain
on live subjects out in the world where
there is wind and the light moves. You have, however seen images from
me of
flower groups where two, rarely three,
images are taken quickly, hand held, at different focal depths and
worked
together later in PS. Where the background is
OOF/indistinct and the forward and rear groups of individual blooms
don't
overlap, it's pretty easy using a mask to
paint in one group on top of another for more DOF.

Stacked Moose