Re: [OM] Now THAT's an update

Subject: Re: [OM] Now THAT's an update
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 01:42:12 -0700
On 4/11/2012 12:02 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Would that be soprano, alto or tenor?
> My brother-in-law had soprano - the kids hated the sound.

We met couple recently, had dinner at their house, they are having dinner here
in a couple of weeks. He turns out to be
a semi known jazz pianist and gave us a couple of CDs.

How do you tell a guy that the soprano sax player in his trio is undermining
his music? The guy is goin' along fine, in
balance with the others, bouncing off each other in improvs on Bach themes,
sweet, subtle tone, great timing,
intelligent variations  - then whoa, - shriek, whonk, wail, brrrup. Like
someone threw a metal garbage can down steel
stairs during a string quartet.

On the other album, the ostensible lead is a Middle Eastern singer with a
softish voice. The sax just runs it over like
a train - an EL outside the window. There's an ecstatic ME style singer I know
of who could possibly stand up to that,
but this one ain't her.

Ah well, not my problem. And what do I know about jazz - nuthin'

No Sop Sax Moose

Still not likin' Miles. Just sayin'.

Silent Way Project Moose