Re: [OM] (OM) OT ... Sacrilege? Sedition??

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT ... Sacrilege? Sedition??
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 20:57:44 -0400
Back to Brian's original conundrum: Using  photos to capture or notebook a
scene for later painting is a long-accepted practice in real world art.. at
least it was back when I went to art schools in the early 50s. Many
professionals carry it beyond that - to the point of projecting slides
directly on their canvas.

As for making money, I've made more money on single sales of art than I
ever have in photography (and that includes photo spreads in national mags)
but I've made a better income, or at least more a consistent one, with
photography.

Rick