Re: [OM] My town on the news

Subject: Re: [OM] My town on the news
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:20:16 -0400
I think you may be listening to too many academics anxious for a grant.
Here are the actual numbers going back to 1950.  Low strength tornado
reports have increased due to the recent introduction of Doppler radar
but for the biggies that would likely have been reported even without
Doppler radar absolutely nothing unusual has been going on despite some
moderate warming over that period.  If anything perhaps a slight
decrease but not likely statistically significant.
<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/03/31/2011-us-tornado-year-analyzed-no-trend-indication-still-below-1974/>

Chuck Norcutt