[OM] (OM) OT - sort of - apparent discernable resolution, on screen

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT - sort of - apparent discernable resolution, on screen
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 22:32:32 +1200
Hi all,

>From time to time one or two of us state that it is impossible to gauge the
actual resolution of an image, from its copy shown on screen.

The top image on this page is one made by a friend of mine and posted on
FB. It was made using a Phase One camera - which has image files that are
80 MB in size.

Even though the file size is relatively minute, i contend that this image
reveals its origin through the amazingly fine detail that can be discerned. My
E-3 and factory-tuned DZ 14~54 lens could never make an image as good
as this one. I have a relatively small CRT screen. 13 inches/33 cm diagonal.
..
http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/2012/March-2012.htm

Brian Swale.