Re: [OM] DLO version of DPP now up on Canyon USA site

Subject: Re: [OM] DLO version of DPP now up on Canyon USA site
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:34:37 -0700
On 4/25/2012 10:04 PM, Moose wrote:
> Thanks for the link!
>
> Things have been hectic the last few days, and I got out of the habit of
> checking.
>
> It does indeed show DLO for the 10-22. Also, although not listed in the
> manual, it also shows the DLO icon for S100 CR2
> files :-) , but not the G11 :-( . so it appears new compacts with Raw files
> will be supported, but probably not older ones.

Oops, my bad, misreading icons. I thought since the lens icon is in the upper
right corner of thumbs for both 60D/10-22
and S100 that both were supported. It turns out that the lens icon with a plus
sign added doesn't show until one has
actually made a DLO setting for that file. Odd.

As you say, the interface is kludgey and 100% sample rendering slow, so one
can't switch back and forth between settings
without a wait long enough to let visual memory fade ...

Also, it tends to make noise more visible, even at low ISO. My usual work flow
uses NeatImage before FocusMagic, to keep
the deconvolution from acting on the non-lens data.

Can't say I'm much excited as yet.

DLO No Moose