Re: [OM] Pres. Obama at the Univ of Iowa -- on-topic gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Pres. Obama at the Univ of Iowa -- on-topic gear
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:37:16 -0700
To what are you responding, Chris? I see nothing in Ken's post the least bit
aimed at any president. I'm pretty sure my
liberal credentials at least equal, if not exceed yours, but I just don't see
what could possibly have set off your
response. Am I missing some contemporary culture information?

Your tirade sounds to me like just what I imagine those rabid right wing
pundits would say, a greatly overblown reaction
to something innocuous that reduces everyone whom they dislike to one,
undifferentiated mass of idiots. (I say "I
imagine" simply because I've not listened to those folks.)

You remind me of the pacifist who got so angry at someone who disagreed with
him that he beat him up. And in this case,
was so blinded by rage that he beat up an innocent bystander.

Blanket condemnation of masses of other people you don't know adds to the
collective madness no matter which side it
comes from. You do neither yourself nor the country any good by becoming a
no-nothing bigot*.

If you must so poison yourself and spread it out into the world, I ask that you
so so elsewhere than on this list. I
would say the same and ask the same of anyone acting the same way from any
other position.

Did you notice that the one who put voice to the right wing hatred position
here was you? As there was nothing to
attack, you put up your own straw man. We didn't need that side expressed here
in that way either.

Non Plussed Moose

* "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own
opinions and prejudices; /especially/ *:* one
who regards or treats the members of a group ... with hatred and intolerance."
"One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics
and is intolerant of those who differ."