Re: [OM] Pixma printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Pixma printer
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:49:14 -0400
The conventional wisdom used to be, and perhaps still is, to let the Epson
printer driver handle black and white work. Normal color management lets
Photoshop manage colors. It's a bit of a pain to switch between the printer and
Photoshop, and I think it's a little more limiting. The Epson diver will let
you warm yp or cool down your image, to varying degrees, but much more is
available though plug-ins and such, which necessitate the use of the full color
range. Lately I've taken to printing through Lightroom, and for some reason it
seems to simplify the Epson management choices so I've started ignoring it.

But the short answer is, I don't know with the Canon printer because I've never
used one. I'm sure there's advice on the web about that sort of thing, Surely
some Canon types have blogs with info about grayscale printing, but I don't
know who they are or what they advice would be worth. Most likely, as with
mine, it would be worth what you pay for it. <g>

I'd say just muck around and see how various kinds of setting look to you.
Please yourself and other will be pleased. <g>

--Bob