Re: [OM] 5D dust cleaning, was: Happy ...

Subject: Re: [OM] 5D dust cleaning, was: Happy ...
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:40:43 -0500
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012, at 09:27 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Concerning 5D dust, I've been meaning for some time to post some praise
> for the LensPen SensorKlear.
> <http://www.amazon.com/Lenspen-LENSK1-Sensorclear-Dslr-Cleaner/dp/B000I30HOS/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1333976771&sr=1-3>
>
> You've all heard me praise the brush method of cleaning in the past and
> that's my preferred method since it's simple and usually effective.  But
> sometimes the crud is just welded to the sensor and something more is
> needed.  The last time the sensor needed a cleaning I had to resort to
> PecPads and Eclipse.  But even then I wasn't happy as wet cleaning still
> seemed to leave some small spots and debris behind visible at f/11 even
> after several tries.

Following up ...

This motivated me to add a LensPen SensorKlear to a Amazon order a
couple weeks back.  It has finally gotten me a clean sensor.  I think I
had to go at it at least four times.  It would be nice if the tip could
angle just a bit more to clean out the corners, but it's a great tool.
Thanks.

Have no idea if it is safe for Olympus sensors, but then I have never
needed to clean an Olympus sensor.

Joel W.