Re: [OM] Annual Event - Redux 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Annual Event - Redux 1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:02:31 -0500
So, I get done sorting down the images. I had 1699 images get
transferred into Lightroom. There were a few I deleted in-camera, so
we'll just call it 1700. Final delivery was 570 images.

First pass deleted 700 for obvious blurries, misfocuses, bad timing
and other brutally embarrasing moments for the photographer. My
shutter speeds were so slow and my DoF with the 100/2 so shallow that
over 40% of the shots were garbage. This was pretty bad, but consider
that I used very little flash this year. Almost none.

Honestly, I liked not using the flash. That did present some problems
and challenges, but overall, it was a big pleasure to be free from the
hassels as well as the interruptive nature of flash during an event.
At issue, though, is the nasties involved in high-ISO imaging. My next
camera has to give me a decent ISO 3200. That's just the way it is.

This will be the last event like this shot with my current cameras.
It's time to say "goodbye" to FourThirds. I've had a good run with it,
but it's time to move on. Over the next week or two stuff will get
posted. I'll try getting somebody here on the list to buy the stuff
first before I go to evilbay. I'm not disappointed with it, it's just
that I've pushed it just too far for what I need to do. No more
weddings with it, either, and I've got a couple of those later in the
year.

AG