Re: [OM] FM review by FM of D800 and OM 5DIII

Subject: Re: [OM] FM review by FM of D800 and OM 5DIII
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 01:52:07 -0700
On 4/30/2012 9:29 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> I guess we're all looking for the best sensor that we will actually use.
> That, sir, is an outstanding analysis.

Yup. Applies to lenses, too.

> ..., we'll see how much money I have to put into a new body.
>
> My choices to consider:
>
> M-5D
> GH3 (it's coming...)

Not allowed, after your next post. :-)

> Sony 7D
> Canon 7D
> Canon 5Dmk2
> Canon 5Dmk3
> Fuji X-PRO1
>
> Number one concern is lens-mount compatibility with OM Zuikos. Number
> two concern is skintones. Number three concern is kit
> size/weight/gripabiltiy.

I'm not sure what the 7D has that is important enough to you to consider it
instead of a 60D, which is significantly
lighter, less expensive and adds articulated LCD and Highlight Tone Priority.
No, it doesn't have an all metal body, but
it's certainly solid enough feeling. Same sensor, added processing options.

> So far ...
>
> Yeah, we've been here before....

No! :-)

Deja Vue Moose