Re: [OM] Yesterday's Desert Hike

Subject: Re: [OM] Yesterday's Desert Hike
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 17:48:32 -0700

> I have no idea how you keep them all straight.  I especially appreciated
> the saguaro flower as I've seen plenty of saguaros but never seen one in
> bloom.  As difficult as it was to take I think it turned out to be one
> of the best shots.  The image is a bit soft but I think that adds to the
> feeling of the flower.
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/7133360311/in/photostream>

    Having the opportunity to take that series of photos was exhilarating as
I had never seen one where you can look down into the throat at any angle.
And it was right at the peak of it's blooming.  I was happy that one came
out that well, and a couple of others are passable.

    In one of my nature photography books there's a photo of a Lynx walking
across snow.  It's a bit soft (I call it "grainy") and the photographer
states that in rare, once-in-a-liftime shots such as that you take the
imperfections as a matter of circumstance.  It was taken with an 800mm or so
lens.

Chris