[OM] 120 million for The Scream, but a paltry 200 bucks for a piece of h

Subject: [OM] 120 million for The Scream, but a paltry 200 bucks for a piece of history
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 22:10:07 -0500
It appears that the DMC-L1 is sold. I'm in the middle of negotiations on
the Sanyo HD security cameras and hope we'll come to a mutually pleasing
price tomorrow. The Leica lens is defective and I'll probably just ebay it.

That leaves the other primo item up on the auction block. I promise that
this will go for less than "The Scream". Boy, do I wish I had a spare 120
million laying around--that's one of my all time favorite paintings.

For sale, my legendary Olympus E-1. This includes the HLD-2 battery grip,
eye-cup and grid screen. It's got just over 53000 shutter actuations and
has proven to be an extremely solid and reliable camera. It has taken some
abuse. A LNIB camera this is not, but it doesn't look like it's been a
street walker for 10 years either. A small scuff is on the prism hump from
the rock slide and the general patina of being used is present. The grip
has been reattached but the two flash plug covers have long since taken
flight. No LCD cover either--that got swept up by the track cleaning crew
at Iowa Speedway.

This camera has a history. Anybody, who has been around on this list for a
while knows what all this thing has been through. I don't abuse my
equipment--heaven forbid, but I don't try to keep the stuff in LNIB
condition either and miss the pictures. This camera was bought to work and
work it did. It is NOT ugly, though. In fact, it still looks better than
all but my OM-3Ti and OM-4T. I take that back, it's about the same as the
OM-4T. I'll provide photographic evidence to whoever is interested.

The pounding it took, was years ago and many shutter clicks earlier. If any
long-term damage other than the paint marring is present, it has never
manafested in the last 45000+ pictures. Honestly, I'm surprised that it has
only 53000 shutter actuations. But it has always shared duty with other
cameras and I backed off quite a bit over the past two years.

So, total parts list: E-1 body, eye-cup, grid screen (and the normal one
too if I can find it), genuine BLM-1 battery, an aftermarket BLM-1 battery,
HLD2 battery grip and battery, chargers for both.

But WAIT! If you order today, I'll throw in one very special item. One
signed Ken Norton original print taken with this camera. Unless otherwise
requested, the picture will be an 11x14 "Z Falls" print. The lens used was
my 100mm F2.8 lens. This photograph is my favorite picture I've ever taken
with the E-1. It's the picture that people will puzzle about it being a
painting, not a photograph. If you want a larger version, and they are
incredible, I'll charge only the difference.

Here is a link which shows one version of the picture:

http://www.image66media.com/landscapes.html

I'm asking $250, which includes shipping to anywhere in the United States,
and whatever additional shipping costs to most anywhere in the world. As
always, I want happy buyers, so if you feel disappointed that I've
misrepresented the camera or it is DOA, I'll refund your money upon return
of the package.

Honestly, I love the E-1, but it's time for me to move on from Four-Thirds.
I've considered keeping the camera, as it is nearly impossible to hurt and
it's far from worn out but to get into a new system, I have to shed the old
system.

AG

Ken Norton
www.zone-10.com